‘15th eTurkey (eTR) Awards’ distributed
The eTR awards aim to draw attention to exemplary practices in the government and by doing so, the goal is to introduce innovative initiatives to the public, to support and encourage successful initiatives and to spread practices in this direction. Speaking at the opening of the ceremony, Turkish Informatics Foundation President Faruk Eczacıbaşı expressed his gratitude to all public institutions and municipalities participating in the competition for continuing to work with all their power, using e-Services and digital technologies effectively, in order to perform all kinds of government services, especially health and security, in these difficult times. He expressed gratitude and added: “To move from the e-Government approach to the digital government approach, effective use of public sector data is required. Ensuring the safe and legal sharing of data will be possible with the establishment of working environments and standards.”
In the ‘eTR Awards’, to which many projects applied in the categories of Public-to-Citizen e-Services, Public-to-Business e-Services, Public-to-Public e-Services, Small-Scale Municipality, Medium-Scale Municipality and Large-Scale Municipality, 23 projects were qualified for the finals as a result of the evaluation made by experts. The winner of each category was determined by voting by a 9-member jury composed of academia, NGOs and the leading names of the industry:
- Public-to-Business e-Services Category/ Ministry of Industry and Technology – TSE 360 Project
- Public-to-Citizen e-Services Category / Ministry of Health – Hayat Eve Sığar (HES)
- Public-to-Public e-Services Category / Ministry of Interior – Disaster Management and Decision Support System (AYDES)
- Small-Scale Municipality Category / Artvin Municipality – We Are Here (SMARTviN)
- Medium-Scale Municipality Category / Kadıköy Municipality-Time and Space Saving Management and Expert Digital Archive Electronic Sharing Application
- Large-Scale Municipality Category / İstanbul Metropolitan Municipality – Pending Invoice
In addition, as a result of following the developments of the projects that received the eTR award in the previous years and evaluating the achievements of the projects, the ‘Best Developing Project’ Award by the TÜSİAD-TBV eTR Executive Board was awarded to the Ministry of Forestry, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry- Aerial Monitoring, Evaluation and Management of Forest Fires Platform Project (ORDEP).
The 15th eTR Awards Executive Board Special Award was given to the “Filiation and Isolation Tracking System (FITAS)”, one of the projects of the Ministry of Health, which has been working extraordinarily and successfully during the pandemic that has deeply affected our lives for more than a year and a half.